Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, September 02, 2013

New hexagon project!

Last week I finally caved and started a new hexagon project. I'm still chugging away on the pink quilt for the Princess, but I have quite a ways to go before I can actual sew hexies together and I needed some visible progress.


(Forgive the instagram link, I'm too lazy to go find the original and upload to flickr.)

I cut out squares of pinks, reds, blues, aquas and teals and selected a larger hexagon template. These are 1.5" hexies, as opposed to the 1" hexies on the pink quilt, and they feel HUGE. I've worked on it a good bit this weekend and have two completed flowers/rings and started attaching the third this morning (at the top of the photo, weird angle there, sorry. There's two solids and the flowered one...)

New hexie project

My idea is to put them together using this sort of overlapping layout. I'm loving seeing the progress as I go and it's nice to get to switch it up with sewing them together. 


I'm linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts, go check out some other talented paper piecers.

11 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful! I notice you don't have anything up on Etsy right now. Life must be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Such bright colors will make it fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly see where you'd want to do something that you can see progress on. I think one of the reasons that quilting has never really crossed my radar is the amount of time it takes to get to the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea with the overlapping flowers. I've never seen something like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Epp is so addicting¡¡

    I like the overlapping layout, so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your layout and have not seen this one before...great idea...your colors a pretty as well....good luck on the new project...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabrics! This will be a really cute project. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful fabrics and a wonderful new project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the overlapped look. Gives an air of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've already gotten so much done! I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And I think you need to update us on Princess's hexies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP