Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Two for kids from NetGalley

In addition to finding books for myself on NetGalley, I occasionally see titles that I think the kids might enjoy. The Pirate is a terrific reader, but left to his own devices would happily just read Wimpy Kid books over and over. I was hoping that these two would tempt him to stray, but despite he remains loyal.

The first one I requested was Lego Space: Building the Future. I thought maybe the kids obsession with Lego would work in my favor but this title skews just a touch too old for him. The pictures are great, and it has an actual plot but he wasn't into the storyline. I think this one would likely appeal to adult Lego fans and young space enthusiasts.

Then I hoped to play off his love of Plants vs. Zombies with PvZ: Lawnmaggedon, and again he wasn't interested. The comic book format was alien to him and he'd much rather just play the game itself. I'm not sure who this is aimed at and feel it's more of a novelty than an actual book.

Despite my lack of success, I'll keep trying to find things he'd enjoy, as I'm sure Jeff Kinney will eventually stop writing books.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't say too much because I love the Wimpy Kid books and am reading the latest one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP